The best way to deal with many problems – like addiction and bullying – is to stop them before they begin. That’s the principle behind our Prevention Services. In schools and other community settings, our specialists work with young people to educate them and encourage healthy life choices.
Our Prevention team:
- Gives classroom presentations on healthy life choices
- Provides educational activities at after-school programs and community events
- Presents educational workshops and activities at community fairs, church events, shelters and other venues
- Provides training to school personnel, health care workers and community groups
- Disseminates information on preventing bullying, violence, substance abuse and other unhealthy activities
- Works with individuals to get them the help they need to avoid crisis situations
How can you request a visit from Prevention Services?
Our Prevention program’s school affiliations are generally determined in conjunction with Allegheny County. Some services are available upon request; to discuss whether Familylinks’ Prevention Services are right for your community group, contact Jennifer Phillip: firstname.lastname@example.org.