Caring for an older loved one is rewarding, but it can also be stressful. Taking care of an older adult can be like a second full-time job, leaving the caregiver with little time to attend to their own responsibilities, and bills that keep piling up. Fortunately, there’s a place to turn: The Caregivers First Initiative is a free service that helps caregivers manage stress and learn strategies to cope and care for themselves.
Who is eligible?
Anyone who is:
- Caring for an adult age 60 or over living in Allegheny County
- Feeling overwhelmed by the challenge of balancing caregiving and other everyday stresses
What can you expect?
Caregivers are paired with a care coach, who works with the caregiver to:
- Develop coping skills
- Learn stress-management techniques
- Connect with available resources to help
- Connect with other caregivers
Caregivers First is free to the caregiver due to generous funding from The Pittsburgh Foundation.
How do you enroll?
Contact Caregivers First to discuss whether the program is right for you: 412-924-0400
Read up on caregiving tips and resources from our care coaches on our Caregiver Resources Blog.