If your child is dealing with mental health issues, Family Based Mental Health services help your entire family learn skills to help stay happy and healthy together. Family Based treatment involves a team of two therapists coming to the client family’s home and working with different family members. Your child’s and family’s issues are addressed where they occur (in the home), and everyone in the household is involved in the solution.
Who is eligible?
- Children and adolescents up to age 21 with mental health issues, along with their families.
- At least one adult family member or caregiver must be willing to participate in treatment sessions.
- Clients are served regardless of sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.
What can you expect?
- A team of two Family Based Mental Health specialists will come to your home to work with not only the client but their entire family.
- Counselors will work to understand the roots of the issues in the household and involve the entire family in learning skills that can help address them.
- Your Family Based specialists will work with you to develop a crisis plan.
- Therapy sessions will be scheduled at your convenience.
How can you enroll?
Call our central intake department at 866-583-6003 for an assessment.
Read about one family’s success with Family Based Mental Health services in our 2014-15 Annual Report.