If you’re an older adult dealing with mental health issues, you might also have trouble getting to a therapist or counselor, because of transportation issues or because your health limits your mobility. That’s where Mobile Mental Health Treatment (MMHT) helps.
Your MMHT therapist travels to your home to work with you when you’re unable to leave the house. For clients who suffer from depression, anxiety, hoarding or other disorders that make it difficult to go out and seek treatment, MMHT helps by making therapy accessible.
Who is eligible?
- Allegheny County residents age 55 and older who have a mental health diagnosis and are unable to receive services in a traditional setting
- To be eligible, you must have Medical Assistance insurance.
- A doctor will need to tell us that this service is medically necessary.
- Not sure if you qualify? Call us and we’ll help you figure it out!
What can you expect?
After an initial evaluation:
- MMHT provides therapy, psychiatric services if necessary, and follow-up visits in the home.
- Services are delivered on a flexible schedule that meets the client’s needs.
- The therapist will work with you to establish goals.
How do you enroll?
Contact our centralized intake department: 866-583-6003