GET HELP NOW 866-583-6003

Public Notice:

At Familylinks, our priority remains the health and safety of our clients and our team, and we continue to take measures to protect against the spread of the COVID-19. Last week we made the decision to cancel all events and suspend volunteer activities until further notice. This week we have made the necessary modifications to our programs and services, in accordance with guidelines set by local and state government, so we can continue to serve individuals and families in western Pennsylvania.

As public health officials assess the risk, we are closely monitoring the spread of the virus and evaluating potential implications. We will continue to share all updates on our website and social media pages.

The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services has created a support and referral helpline for COVID-19. To review the details click here.

For the most up to date information regarding COVID-19, please visit the CDC website.


Housing Authority Crisis Intervention

This program is for public housing residents only; residents must be referred to Familylinks by the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh.

Familylinks works with the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh to get public housing residents help with mental health, substance abuse and other issues that might jeopardize their housing stability. When personal problems boil over, they can interfere with one’s living situation. Those who live in public housing rarely have another option – if they lose their home, they may become homeless. Our crisis intervention helps to prevent that.

Who is eligible?

Current residents of housing managed by the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh.

What can you expect?

  • A case manager works directly with the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh to offer help when a public housing resident is experiencing problems that put them at risk for eviction.
  • Familylinks’ expertise in the fields of mental health, addiction recovery and family relationships helps us to provide you with resources and techniques for dealing with your issues.

How do you enroll?

  • Clients are referred directly by the Housing Authority based on need; Familylinks does not accept client requests for this service.
  • If you’re a public housing resident and would like help but haven’t been referred by the Housing Authority, please consider some of our other services, like outpatient mental health counseling or drug/alcohol recovery support. For more information on those programs, contact our central intake department at 866-583-6003.

Other details:

Familylinks’ Housing Authority Crisis Intervention program serves clients and families without regard to sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.

Meta Description: 

Counseling to help public housing residents in Pittsburgh who are at risk for losing their home.