You Can Help!
Your monetary donation or the gift of your time can change lives here in western Pennsylvania – like that of Anthony, whose school experience was turned around when he came to our Therapeutic Learning Center. Click here to read Anthony’s story.
There are a number of ways you can help people like Anthony by donating to Familylinks:
• Donate now, via our secure online form.
• Send a check or money order to Familylinks Foundation, 2644 Banksville Road, Pittsburgh PA 15216.
• Make purchases on Amazon through Familylinks' AmazonSmile page
• Attend one of our fundraising events, like our Just Jazz concert or our annual Lanny Frattare Golf Classic.
• Designate Familylinks through your workplace’s giving campaign. If your employer works with United Way, designate Familylinks, #254, as the beneficiary of all or a portion of your gift. You can also designate Familylinks through other programs, like the BNY Mellon Community Partnership Program.
• Name Familylinks as a beneficiary in your estate plans. You may name Familylinks as a beneficiary of your will, living trust, or retirement plan. Your gift through your estate plan could be a specific dollar amount, a percentage of the total value or the remainder of your estate after all other gifts have been made.
• Donate appreciated securities. Gifts of stock may provide a tax advantage for you. If you sell securities, you owe capital gains tax on the appreciation. If you wish to donate them, you pay no capital gain tax and qualify for an income tax charitable deduction for the mean market value on the date of the gift. Please note that there are limitations depending on your income. If you wish to donate stock, please contact the Familylinks Development Department at 412-942-0549 for specific instructions.
• Donate a life insurance policy. Life insurance can make an excellent gift if you have a policy that is no longer needed for its intended purpose or for your family's security. With the help of your insurance agent, you can make Familylinks the owner and beneficiary and receive tax benefits for doing so. New policies may also be created to provide such a benefit and on-going premium payments can be used for income tax charitable deductions. You can also simply designate Familylinks as the beneficiary of your policy, or a portion thereof, and retain ownership rights; however there is no tax benefit with this option.
• Volunteer your time and talents.
Thank you for considering a gift to Familylinks. Familylinks is a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization. A copy of our official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling, toll-free within Pennsylvania, 800 732 0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.